The FWC hunter safety course completion course is available without charge on June 14, 2014 at Gator Guns & Archery. The first part, the Internet-based Hunter Safety Course allows the student to learn a majority of the knowledge portion of the course via distance learning. The remainder of the course is covered in the 4-hour classroom setting, test and a 3-hour range on June 14, 2014 at Gator Guns & Archery.
Step 1 – Follow this link to register for the completion course on June 14, 2014 in West Palm Beach (“Internet Students Only”) and fill out the online registration form.
Step 2 – Complete one of the following online courses:
- Florida’s free on-line hunter safety course
- HunterEdCourse.com – Interactive animations and photos with narration and closed captioning so you hear, see and read the course, making learning easy and enjoyable. Pay only if you pass. Over 90% of users recommend. ($13.00)
- Hunter-Ed.com Florida – Listen, read, or both! Exam questions are read aloud, with pictures to trigger your memory. Learn with hundreds of realistic illustrations, and see exactly how firearms work with detailed animations. ($24.50 – pay only when you pass!)
- HUNTERcourse.com Florida – Fully narrated study guide with more than 400 illustrations and 65 interactive flash exercises. Offer 7 day/week customer service and tech support. ($24.95 – pay only when you pass!)
- Florida Virtual School Outdoor Education Course – Free and open to Florida residents ages 12 to 18. The only course in the nation to combine both hunting and boating safety. Participants will develop skills in outdoor activities and learn about the benefits of physical activity while using proper safety procedures to experience wildlife, outdoor and extreme sports. By meeting all of the requirements of the Outdoor Education course, not only will students receive their Florida Boating Safety Education ID Card and be eligible to obtain a Florida Hunter Safety Certificate, they’ll also earn a 0.5 credit for high school, and meet public school requirements for taking an online course and a physical education course.
Step 3 – Attend the Completion Course at Gator Guns & Archery on June 14, 2014 (7:30am -4:30pm)
If your child is under 18 years of age, they must present to the instructor at all courses a Parental Release Form signed by the child’s parent or guardian. This will allow your child to participate in the live fire exercises.
Download the Parental Release Form
Call for more information or to register at (561) 683-1411.